– Participation and community involvement
– Technologies for managing community safety
– Communications and media relations
– Management of human, material and financial resources
– Statistics and data mining
- Leishman, F. and Mason, P., (2003). Policing and the media: facts fictions and factions. Cullompton, UK: Willan.
- McMillian Jr. J. R., (2000). The Primer of Public Safety Telecommunication Systems, 3rd ed. Daytona Beach, FL: APCO International.
- Newburn, T., (2008). The future of policing. In T. Newburn, ed. Handbook of policing. 2nd ed. Cullompton, UK: Willan.
Sherman, L. W. (1997). “Policing for Crime Prevention.” In Preventing Crime: What Works, What Doesn’t, What’s Promising. University of Maryland, Office of Justice Programs, Research Report. Washington, D.C.