This subject explores the state of the art of the new risks associated to globalisation under public policy approach. Methods and findings of the SECILE project will be presented, funded by the European Commission.
– Globalisation and new fears: terrorism, organised crime, cybercrime
– The security industry
– Security and intelligence
– Data mining and counterterrorism (Snowden’s case)
– The SECILE project
- Ulrich Beck (1992) Risk Society: Towards a New Modernity. New Delhi: Sage
- Commission of the European Communities, Towards a European strategy for preventing organised crime: Joint report from Commission Services and Europol. Brussels: European Commis-sion, 2001
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Global Report on Trafficking in Persons. Vienna: UNODC, 2009.
- NODC, What is migrant smuggling? See: www.unodc.org