The purpose of this module is to introduce students in all the aspects related to data gathering (sensitive data, gathered in massive forms or using technological possibilities) under the data protection and right to privacy perspective. Methods and findings of the SLANDAIL project will be presented, funded by the European Commission.
– Social networks, mobile devices, web searches and mapping
– Sensitive data & DBs
– Policing and data management
– Big data: public and private
– The SLANDAIL project
- A. Alberchtslund, Online Social Networking as Participatory Surveillance, First Monday, vol 13(3), 2008
- Robert E Worden, Christopher Harris, Sarah J McLean, (2014) “Risk Assessment and Risk Management in Policing”, Policing: An International Journal of Police Strategies & Management, Vol. 37 Issue: 2
- Stott et al: Advances in Liaison Based Public Order Policing in England: Human Rights and Negotiating the Management of Protest? Policing (2013) 7 (2): 210-224.