The aim of this module is to addressing the legal and sociological basis of the proliferation of the use of technology in the field of security, addressing risk-related issues, new professional profiles, administrative capacity and evaluation of externalities. Methods and findings of the ABC4EU project will be presented, funded by the European Commission.
– The fundamentals of privacy
– Chief Privacy Officer
– DPAs: competences, possibilities, limitations
– Surveillance impact assessments
– The ABC4EU project
- Acquisti, A.; Gritzalis, S.; Lambrinoudakis C. and Di Vimercati, S. (eds.), (2007). Digital Privacy: Theory, Technologies, and Practices, Auerbach Publications, Boca Raton, FL
- Galdon-Clavell, G. and Hosein, G. (2012). Privacidad y Nuevas Tecnologías. Número especial de Novática. Barcelona: ITA.
- Lyon, D. (2003). Surveillance as Social Sorting. Privacy, Risk, and Digital Discrimination, New York: Routledge.
- Graham, S. and Wood, D. (2003). ‘Digitalizing surveillance: categorization, space, inequality. Critical Social Policy, 23 (2), pp. 227-247.