In this module students will be focused on the comprehension of insecurity in its broader sense. The main theories from sociology of law, criminology, deviance and surveillance will be analysed. The key factor in this subject is the inclusion of subjective elements into the analysis, subjectivities linked to the environment that have an impact on perception about risk, safety and insecurity.
– Risk, danger and subjective insecurity
– Sociology of law, crime & technology
– Criminology, deviation, victimology & surveillance
– Security and difference
- Garland, D. (2001). The culture of control: Crime and social order in contemporary society. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Kessler, G. (2009) El sentimiento de inseguridad. Sociología del temor al delito. Buenos Aires: Siglo XXI.
- Wacquant, L. J. D. (2009). Punishing the poor: the neoliberal government of socialinsecurity. Michigan: Duke University Press.